Sunday, April 17, 2011

4x5 Yea!!!


I'm back up and running with the Cambo. Props go to Jason Heitsman for selling me the camera a few years ago. I don't get to use it as much as I like, but when I do, it's a ball.

I'm sad I can't get Polaroid 55 anymore. That really weakens my arsenal.

This is Stephanie. She's model living here in Gastonia. I love her versatility. She can do fashion, punk, art nudes and anything in between and make it look easy.

I like my 4x5 images to be kind of grungy and less than ideal. This one may be a little oversharpened, but I still like it.

The image is from a series I made comparing different photographic formats. I shot a range of images using everything from a 4 mp point and shoot up to my 4x5. I particularly like this image. I love lots of tilt shift and getting close to my models' eyes.

This is one of my last sheets of Kodak TMax 100. I'm going to be switching over to some Ilford HP5 Plus 400 for a while.

For the techies out there, I'm planning on rating the Ilford at ISO 200 so I can pull process the film and hopefully create some better shadow detail and control the highlights a little better. This is what I call a poor man's Zone System. The negs should scan a lot better using this tonal range anyway.

I'll keep you guys posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment